Monday, February 3, 2014

Innocence



I lost something so fundamental to myself.

Where did it go...?

When did it happen...?

How did it happen...?

And yet, in losing that ephemeral quality I became what I am today. The real me-the person that wants to shine as brightly as the sun, that is begging to cleanse me and bring back simplicity and purity-is so far buried underneath the sludge and filth I've heaped upon him he may never escape.

My search for beauty is simply my search for innocence. In beauty we find the root of ourselves, the qualities we have lost. We are all born beautiful, and correspondingly innocent. But we lose it somehow, we become dull, selfish, jaded and angry. We become ugly. So I search on for that wispy feeling, that oh so fleeting remembrance of innocence, of true purity and beauty...

...sinking deeper into the void.

2 comments:

  1. Not the way we see ourselves is the way Jehovah sees us. 1 John 3:19, 20-By this we will know that we originate with the truth, and we will assurea our hearts before him 20 regarding whatever our hearts may condemn us in, because God is greater than our hearts and knows all things.

    ReplyDelete